When you are looking for a job it is good to know that there are online sites that can help you. If you live in Alabama you can log onto the Alabama.gov site to set up an account and you will be able to get access to jobs that will be suitable for you. You will need to fill in some forms to register and once this is done you can find out what is available.
Creating An Account:
- Firstly you need to log on to the site and the address is joblink.alabama.gov and once you have done this follow the instructions you see.
- Click the link “job Seekers” IF you are not register yet.
- Click the link “create an account” from bottom of the page.
- You will need a username and remember that this must be something relevant and easy to remember. Try and add numbers to your surname and use this.
- You will need a strong password as the site only accepts ones that have letters numbers and a symbol.
- Confirm the password.
- Next put in your email address. You will be sent details of new jobs that arise so to make sure you receive them it is vital you put it in correctly.
- If you do not have an e mail address there is a link that takes you to a page that will allow you to set one up.
- You need to provide a security question and an answer. If you forget any of your login details you will have to answer this before they will be sent to you.
- In the next three boxes you need to enter your first name, your middle name and your surname.
- There are now two boxes for the beginning of your address.
- The next thing to add is your City.
- Put in your zip code.
- Enter a phone number where you can be reached.
- Give a back up phone number.
- If you have a fax you can leave this number as well.
- If details are correct press “submit”, if not press clear.
Now you are ready to find work. The only think you need to do is set out a resume and give potential employers access to it.