With all of us doing so much traveling, coupled with the fact that there is a lot of construction and road works it is good news to know that there are maps that can be downloaded. Not only can you get them, but you will be sent alerts when there are new ones are available. You can update software, update maps, download product manuals and back-up and restore favorites.
Garmin is the company that manufactures many of the GPS – global positioning satellite – systems that are preventing us from getting lost. As a hands free tool they are ideal in cars and while they are programmed when they are purchased they do need to be updated from time to time. Fortunately this is easy to do and their website gives the details needed.
Carrying Out The Update:
- First of all you need to go to the website and this is found at www.garmin.com/lifetimeupdater .
- The next thing to do is to click “download” and then you will be able to install the web updater.
- To get the maps you need to click download and this will be found next to the latest version.
- There will be instructions that need to be followed and once you do this the updater will become installed on your computer.
- In order to transfer the information you need to use a USB cable and connect the computer and updater
- Click the start button
- Click programs
- Click “Garmin”
- Click web updater.
- The final step is to choose “install updates” and you will have the information passed through to your GPS.
This is a very easy process to go through and you will be guided every step of the way. It is important that you follow the guidelines closely as any mistake could lead to you not having the information you need next time you do not know where you are.