To be able to vote in a certain election is a right of every individual. Each individual’s vote counts because it represents his/ her opinion that may contribute greatly in the decision making of a certain entity. However, there will be moments that a certain individuals would not be able to go to the actual election because of unwanted incidents. That is why proxy voting is there to represent the person who is tasked to vote.
What is Proxy Voting?
Proxy Voting allows an individual to transfer his eligibility to vote to someone to represent in his behalf. This type of voting occurs when an individual cannot be able to attend an actual election due to valid reasons. Should he not attend the elections, he can still cast his vote via choosing a “proxy” to stand in his behalf.
What do I need to have to be able to submit Proxy voting instruction?
All you need to have is a device that can connect to the internet.
What should I do to be able to submit Proxy voting?
It’s very easy. All you have to do is follow these very simple steps:
- To be able to submit your Proxy Voting Instructions, the first thing you will need to visit www.proxyvote.com
- Enter control number that will be sent to your email.
- Visit the official website of proxy voting. Click the Proxy Voting button. Follow the instructions provided (to see all the materials and tools for proxy voting, just click the electronic versions button).
- Sign in with your account to check the share holder material sign. After signing in, make a request for the proxy voting material online. You will receive an email upon making the request.
- With the email received comes a 12 digit control number.
- Type in the 12 digit number given and click the submit button.
Elections are very important to various types of entities. This serves a great help in their decision making. Unfortunately, not all of the voters for the election can be able to attend in the actual election. Good thing Proxy Voting is present to cover it all.